Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ahhhh, home

Yesterday, I got stuck at work for 11 hours. My feet were throbbing when I finally got home, all I wanted to do was sit and chill out a little. But noooooo.... DH is sick (probably because of the coughing woman in the doctor's office Monday. She was really sick, and had no business sitting in a waiting room full of people.... better to be whisked back to a room to wait!!). Anyway, DH wanted me to fix his Thera-flu, bring him a drink, bring him a wet washcloth for his head... etc....etc... etc.

He got the first 3 items, then I had to (nicely) remind him that I was tired. He wasn't so needy after that, just sat and complained about being sick!!! Why is it that men do that? When "mom" is sick, the supper has to be cooked, kitchen cleaned, laundry washed, teenage drama listened to.... well, you all know. And I won't even go into his behavior after bedtime. Suffice it to say, he was told to settle down and go to sleep, or go flop around on the couch so I could sleep. Argh. And he laughed about it when I told him about his behavior today! He says he doesn't remember, because he took a dose of NyQuil before bed. Sometimes, I think it's a handy excuse for bad behavior.

Anyway, enough about all that.

Looks like the Halloween quilt won't be done by Halloween. Maybe this weekend. There's always next year to display it! Then I need to get busy on my Christmas gifts... potholders, coasters, maybe a table runner or 2. I wanted to make lap size quilts for my 2 new nieces (brother got married last May), but I don't know if I have time to whip up 2 quilts by Christmas. Or if my 2 nephews would be mad (I HAVE known my nephews longer!!)

So, I leave you all with a picture of my only other "finished" quilt, made out of swap blocks. I love this one, and it's mine!!!

No comments: